Since it was founded in 1990, Alves Pereira & Teixeira de Sousa (APTS) has always had a considerable number of advertising and media companies as clients, and from 1999 to 2002 acted as advisor to the Portuguese association of advertisers. The firm was also responsible for the constitution of the Federation of Advertising Companies of the Portuguese-Speaking Countries.
Partner João P. Alves Pereira is the author of the first Portuguese Law Dictionary of Advertising, published in 1997. Also, Dr. Belén Granados is a former in-house counsel at Vocento Group in Spain.
The media and advertising practice group of APTS renders, among others, the following services:
- Statutory and regulatory requirements
- Preparation and negotiation of several types of advertising, media and entertainment contracts
- External counselling and advice to production companies, advertising companies, media and media purchase agencies
- Legal review of the content of advertising campaigns, media campaigns, search and display services and other brand activation projects
- Discussing legal issues with the ICAP and obtaining their technical opinion
- Registration of slogans, advertisements, advertising campaigns, brands and logos
- Representation of advertising companies in administrative fine proceedings brought by the Institute of the Consumer or by other public entities
«Particularly experienced in the audiovisual industry, Alves Pereira & Teixeira de Sousa, R.L. raises the highest service standard. (…) The outstanding and professional team at Alves Pereira & Teixeira de Sousa, R.L. has expertise in areas including copyright, media and entertainment.» (Legal 500)