Areas of Practice:
- Aviation and Transportation
- Corporate and M&A
- Dispute Resolution
- Distribution and Franchising
- Insolvency and Restructuring
Portuguese, English, French and Spanish
- Corporate/M&A, Dispute Resolution, Insolvency/Restructuring (Chambers)
- Dispute Resolution, Shipping and transport (Legal 500)
- Degree in Law, Faculty of Law, University of Lisbon (1968). Admitted to the Portuguese Bar and to the Mozambique Bar.
- Vice President of the Portuguese Bar Association (1992-1998). Country representative in the C.C.B.E. (1992-1998). President of the Mediation and Arbitration Centre of the National Liberal Professions Council (2001).
- Associate and Area Coordinator for Portugal of the American Bar Association. National President of the World Jurist Association. International arbitrator and special advisor of the American Arbitration Association. International arbitrator of the ICC International Court of Arbitration. Founding member of the Portuguese Arbitration Association.
- Member of the Commission established in 2000 by the Ministry of Justice of Portugal to study the implementation of ADRs. Member of the Jury designated for the selection of Judges and Mediators for Peace Courts in Portugal. Member of The Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, the International Centre for Dispute Resolution, The London Court of International Arbitration, the Club Español del Arbitraje, the Union Internationale des Avocats, the American Bar Association, the American Association for Justice Education and the International Bar Association.
- Author of various articles in Portuguese and English language publications on matters of Corporate Law, Contract Law, Procedural Law, Insurance, Insolvency, Arbitration and Mediation.