The Dispute Resolution department of Alves Pereira & Teixeira de Sousa (APTS) is well reputed in the Portuguese market and is involved in complex and high profile litigation.
The two senior partners of the firm, Dr. José Alves Pereira and Prof. Miguel Teixeira de Sousa, are leading figures in the fields of ADR and Litigation.
Dr. José Alves Pereira is the former president of the Mediation and Arbitration Centre of the National Liberal Professions Council and a founding member of the Portuguese Arbitration Association. He is also an arbitrator of the international panel of the ICC Court and of the American Arbitration Association, acting also as a special advisor and country representative of AAA in Portugal and Mozambique. Prof. Miguel Teixeira de Sousa is author of many books and articles and one of the most renowned Portuguese lawyers in civil procedural law. Both of them have acted as arbitrators and/or attorneys in several international claims.
The Dispute Resolution department of APTS renders, inter alia, the following services:
- Representation and counseling at pre-trial stages
- Representation and counseling in arbitration proceedings
- Representation and counseling in mediation and other ADR procedures
- Representation in corporate litigation proceedings
- Representation in civil proceedings
- Representation in debt recovery cases and enforcement proceedings
- Representation in special proceedings
- Representation in injunction proceedings
- Filing Appeals
- Representation in tax proceedings, including judicial defences and oppositions to tax executions
- Representation in administrative fine proceedings and in other administrative proceedings
- Representation in labour proceedings, including challenging the termination of work contracts
- Representation in criminal proceedings
«An outstanding firm, Alves Pereira & Teixeira de Sousa, R.L. is well manned, and very fast in its actions.» (Legal 500)
«A compact team acting on behalf of aviation, insurance and construction clients. Noted for its expertise in litigation and international arbitration. (…) A quick, efficient team.» (Chambers Europe)